Thursday 24 August 2017

#RPGaDAY 2017 - Day 24 - PWYW publisher who should charge more.

Day 24 of #RPGaDay 2017. 

Share a PWYW publisher who should be charging more.

Sorry, I can't answer this one. I thought about just not posting something today but then there would be a gap and people would wonder what happened. I've never, in my life bought a PWYW product, so I don't have an answer here. I don't even know off hand who sells PYWY products. I would have to go and start browsing DriveThruRPG just to figure that out.

That said there has been some very interesting discussion over on google plus about this topic. A lot of it coming from actual publishers talking about their experience with PWYW. The general consensus seems to be:

Do not use PWYW to make money. Use PWYW as a marketing tool. A way to find out who your potential buyers are and make an initial connection. Use it to drum up hype for other products. Use it to get your name out there. 



For those wishing to play along at home, here are the topics for this years #RPGaDay. Feel free to use these cues in your tweets, facebook posts, g+ threads, blog posts and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment